CSO Update - US Terror Attack Warning
We continue to closely monitor the reports of a possible terrorist attack that was highlighted in a recent US Embassy communication. We also continue to liaise and co-operate with the relevant authorities.
There has been much speculation, both in the media and elsewhere, regarding the veracity of the threat and its impact on our community. The information available to us at this stage confirms that the threat is real, ongoing and should be taken seriously.
We are ensuring that all the necessary measures are in place to secure our community over this period and ask for your support and co-operation in this regard.
A number of community members have approached the CSO and asked for guidance on appropriate behaviours and activities under the circumstances.
At this stage our recommendations are:
- Avoid large public gatherings and crowded public places.
- If this is unavoidable, make sure that you remain vigilant, aware of your surroundings and have a plan to deal with adverse events.
- Know the whereabouts of your family members, their movements and when they are expected to return home.
- Be vigilant when walking in the streets on Friday night and Saturday.
- Immediately report any unusual or suspicious activity to the CSO on 086 18 000 18.
- Cooperate with and offer your assistance to security personnel.
- Join your Shul or school security team.
- Contact the CSO to enquire about security training and courses.
We will continue to update the community as information becomes available or circumstances change.
FOR ANY EMERGENCY, SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY OR POTENTIAL THREATS SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO THE JEWISH COMMUNITY OR JEWISH INSTALLATIONS, CONTACT THE CSO ON 086 18 000 18