Empowering the community to protect itself.
Protecting Jewish life and the Jewish way of life, while empowering
our community to protect itself
Who we are
Established in 1994
CSO Johannesburg is a small complement of full-time professional staff with a large base of dedicated, trained and passionate volunteers.
What we do
- Protect the community.
- Provide security advice and guidance for communal facilities.
- Empower and train the community to look after itself.
- Keep the community informed.
- Respond to suspicious activity and active threats on a daily basis.
- Find missing persons.
- 24-hour control room.
CSO provides security, advice and support for:
Restaurants, Shops and Businesses
Shabbatons and Camps
- Professional CSO staff.
- Community security officers and volunteers.
- Community members.
- Schools, Shuls, restaurants and shops.
- Private security guards.
- Restaurants, shops and community facilities.
- Community Events
- Outings and Shabbatons
- Summer and winter youth camps.
- Intensive volunteer training and qualification courses.
- Community self defence and awareness workshops.
- Security advice and guidance.
We Partner with the Community
- We are solely reliant on the generous donations of our community.
- All donations qualify for an 18A tax certificate.
- We train and empower the community to protect itself.
We Work Together
- EZRA Medical – Tactical Medics
- IRT Security – CSO trained Professional Security Officers.
- IMS – Management of any security incident or disaster.
- Other community organisations.
- Understanding the environment.
- Identifying and mitigating any threats.
“To save one life is to save the world”